This weekend Luna will play there last ever shows at The Bowery Ballroom in NYC - this blog is an attempt to document the last days of Luna - hopefully we will have lots of contributors from all over the world - and from inside the shows at NYC - but at the moment it is JUST ME!
If you want to join up please get in touch asap.
Here's my recruitment blurb...
OK - I had intended throwing together a LUNA timeline for the website with all the significant dates that I knew and while I have done a bit of the background work I haven't had a chance to pull it together in time for the "last waltz" - I'll do it at some point in the not too distant future.
BUT that leaves me without some sort of futile-end-of-the-road-gesture to put on the website - I just thought that after 10+ years there ought to be something a little bit more as a rememberance of the lasdt days of Luna.
A while back, shortly after the split was announced, I put forward the idea of having a blog to document the tour with as many contributors as possible putting forward thoughts, reviews, gossip and whinging abouy various things. While there was a bit of interest it never really got off the ground (although the mailing list archives are a pretty decent document of that if you can wade through the irrelevance).
SO - here comes that same half-arsed plan all over again but only to document the last FOUR days of Luna.
IF you want to contribute please let me know and I'll add you to the list of members.
* You don't have to be in NYC for the end, hell I'm not, although it would be nice to have some folk involved who will be first hand witnesses.
* You don't have to post about what's happening NOW - you can talk about, for example, best gig, worst gig, feelings, should they have done it, what next etc.
* The more the merrier - if any "inside people" would like to contribute all the better (Britta, Matthew, Dean (although he'll be saving his writing for that memoir he "promised"!))
* obviously the sooner the better.
* If people want to post by SMS (text message) I'm sure we can arrange something (maybe texting me and I can post up - unless anyone knows of any SMS->blog arrangement that's quick and easy to set up
* Photos! If people want to email me cameraphone pictures from the shows - it doesn't have to be of the band - it could be of the audience, the bar, the noisy people, self-portraits etc.
I know not everyone will have time and I don't want it to just be me so if this is a crap idea just say but it could be fun and we could run it for a week or so afterward and then archive it as a decent document of "Luna's Last Waltz".