Sunday, February 27, 2005

So Far Away

I'm living these last days of Luna vicariously through friends in New Jersey who are attending the Bowery Ballroom shows. In fact, I'm waiting for a phoned-in report from Paul, who was at last night's gig.

My husband and I were able to travel to Tucson for our last waltz with Luna on February 2nd. Icing on the cake was that I interviewed the band and Nick took photos. (we'll have to send on a couple of those). We're working with a startup music mag out of Albuquerque, NM called Hyperactive. Matthew filmed the interview. If we manage to wind up in the finished documentary, it'll blow our minds.

It was a bit surreal, having the opportunity to sit down with a group of people who've been a part of my life for 13 years. They were a pleasure to talk to - Dean was not the least bit prickly, which was my greatest fear.

The show was sublime, with the bittersweet tinge of the goodbye enveloping it all. They did Tugboat as one of the encores! I'll dig up the setlist to send...

No comments: