Monday, February 28, 2005

It's Winter in New Jersey

My worst fears have been realized. Not only is my favorire band ending their magical run but the weather outside has prevented my making it to the show. I've never felt so defeated as when I had to turn around on Rt. 78 in my trek to the Holland Tunnel. It's only 50 miles away and what lie ahead was sure to be an unforgettable moment but alas it wasn't meant to be. How ironic when most people who bought tickets for last night's show, as I did, thought that it would be the finale. Only to discover another show was added and I could not take not being there for the send off. Left the city for the 'burbs some time ago to better the enviroment for my children and expose them to greener space and fresh air. The sound of clanking cocktail glasses in the background of the bowery ballroom when a call was placed to inquire about what time the band should be on by, didn't male it any easier. Wish I was just a subway ride away again. Tonight Dads' run ended also. Ciao, luna.

1 comment:

Andy said...

Michael, what a real shame - it must have been harder for you to miss by 50 miles than missing it by 3465 miles like I did.